Good to know
Arrival and departure
We kindly remind you that check-out time is before 11am and check-in is usually after 3 pm.
Bank account details
Peter K. H. Rieppel GmbH & Co. KG
Account number: 232
Sort code: 703 500 00
IBAN: DE 40 7035 0000 0000 0002 32
Bankname: Kreissparkasse Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Payment methods: (cash, Maestro debit card, Mastercard, Diners, Visa, American Express)
Dress code is smart casual in all public areas such as restaurants, bars, terraces, the lobby etc. On Christmas and New Years Eve black tie/evening wear is required.
Please find our online brochure here
The lake Eibsee has its origin in the last Ice Age when a huge landslide created the 15sqkm and 400 million cubic meter big crater in which the lake with its 29 basin and 8 islands rest today. Roughly 8 domes under water are less than 3m deep. The name has its roots in the yew tree (Eibe), which used to grow in copious amounts around the lake. Today, there are only a few yews left in the forests in the vicinity of the lake. The best view of the lake can be enjoyed from the Eibsee cable car going up to the Zugspitze.
- Dogs are strictly not allowed in the restaurants, bars, on the terraces and on the beach/pool.
- Please note that dogs are only allowed in selected rooms in the category mountain view - south with limited availability and only one dog per room is permitted.
- Please always keep your dog on the leash in the hotel, on the hotel grounds and surrounding areas. Fellow guests will be grateful for your consideration.
- Please let reception or housekeeping know when we can service your room. Our staff will not enter a room when your dog is unsupervised.
- Please advise us in writing at the time of your reservation enquiry that you plan to bring your dog with you.
- We charge a daily fee of € 20,00 for your dog - furthermore we charge a fee of € 75,00 for the final cleaning - no other pets allowed.
For rent in the hotel:
Bikes (from € 18.00/day), hiking poles (€ 3.50/day), toboggan (€ 5.50/day), hiking backpacks (free).
The EIBSEE-HOTEL is a non-smoking hotel; smoking is strictly prohibited in all rooms and indoor public areas.
- free up to 4 weeks before arrival
- up to 2 weeks before arrival: 40% of the booked package
- within 2 weeks of arrival: 70% of the booked package
- 70% of the booked package for late arrivals or early departures
We strongly recommend taking out travel insurance.
- FREE WIFI
- Complimentary parking
- Distance to cable car: 150 m, to cog railway 250 m. Tickets are available at reception.